11.04.2008

Halloween

Beth had been looking forward to Halloween- namely Trick-or-Treat- for quite a while.  She made grand plans to go shopping with Nini for costumes, had her bucket by the door, and reminded me to make sure that her make-up was ready to go.  I played along, thinking that I had everything under control.  Ha!  Leave it to me to wait until the last minute to check the times for Beggar's Night in our neighborhood.  I missed it!  They made a county-wide "law" that Trick-or-Treat will be held the Sunday BEFORE Halloween, unless the 31st fell on a weekend (Saturday or Sunday).  AAACK!  

So as I'm panicking, my dear friend that lives in a neighboring town, invited us to go with her family.  I guess a few select neighborhoods don't need to follow the rule.  Whew!  I averted the "Worst-Mom-In-the-World" award once again!

Anyway, here are some pictures taken AFTER we had walked around the neighborhood.  Make-up is gone, hair is a mess, wings have been removed, and candy has been eaten.  Oh, well!  They are still my adorable little fairies!
  

3 comments:

A Daily Dose of Grace said...

They still look adorable, especially with the chocolate on the face. :)

I think I win the award for thinking Caleb's 3rd birthday was going to be on a Friday and when Thursday came I had messed everything up. :)

Anonymous said...

They are adorable. I'm glad you found someone to take them with.

Anonymous said...

Very cute fairies. And I like the haircuts too. (I think I was having trouble earlier because the whole world was accessing the web for election results.)

I love you, and am thinking of you as you struggle with three little ones at home, far away from the family support you got in Dayton.