10.01.2008

One Week Old!

Wow...  Time sure flies!  Anna is already a week old and I feel like we are barely into any type of rhythm.  We see the doctor this afternoon to see how well she is doing.  I see a tiny bit of jaundice, so we'll see what she has to say about that.  She still looks nice and pudgy, so I think she is eating well enough.  I will try to post some pics today, if I can get the camera to work and all that.

Getting enough sleep is everyone's number one complaint.  Anna sleeps really well, so she generally isn't the problem.  However, Leah is up most nights and combined with Anna's normal routine, nobody is getting much sleep... especially me, whom Leah prefers and Anna needs.  My mom-in-law has been wonderful and very helpful.  I actually got a nap yesterday!  It did a world of good to help me make it through the evening.  

Pray that I can find a way to balance what I need with the needs of my family when she's back in Dayton.  I look around at all the clutter of having a small space and all the attention the girls need, and I want to cry.  Then I realize that the clutter can wait and that the girls are what is really important.  So I snuggle Anna a little closer and close my eyes praying the messes will disappear...  Oh well.  It will get cleaned up eventually.

No comments: