10.29.2008

Now is when I need help...

I think this is the time of the "newborn phase" when it gets the hardest for me.  Anna is a month old, and all our help is gone.  Pete is "on call" this week and was called out at 1 AM not to return until after work today... really tired.  I'm trying to get the basic house chores done... laundry, dishes, toilets... you know, the necessities.  On top of that, my thrush hasn't gone away and now I have mastitis giving me flu-like symptoms, decreased milk production, and bright-red, swollen breasts that hurt like a-word-I'm-not-supposed-to-say.  So you have a lovely case of cause-and-effect:  I'm not making milk, so Anna is hungry, keeping me awake.  I'm tired so the mastitis isn't getting any better making it that much harder to increase my milk supply.  On top of that, Leah was up from 1:30 AM to 4:30 AM last night and up in time for the bus this morning.  She's tired and irritable, screaming and whining over everything, demanding Mommy at all times (really hard with a demanding newborn, let me tell ya).  And Beth is another story... I could go on and on and on and on...  But I won't.  I'm done with my little tangent for now.  With tears streaming down my face as I type this, I'm going to go to bed... to take a nap, since Leah is already in my bed and Anna will be hungry in less than two hours.  

1 comment:

Beccy said...

Gramma told me last night you posted about having some issues, and I have been praying for you ever since. Been there done that, and I know it isn't easy. I also know you are a strong woman and that you will pull through. Lots and lots of love from Seattle.