I'm sorry I haven't posted much in the last few days. Our camera is broken, so since Pookie isn't here, we don't have new pictures being taken frequently. I was sent these pictures of Anna from a really good friend, so I'll post those. These were taken on September 27th... just 3 days old. I'll try to post some good stories soon.
Beth doesn't have school today and Pete works really late, so I'm trying to gear up for a full day of activity. The girls have had a bit of a hard time adjusting to our new life, so I'm hoping that keeping them busy today will help them not seem so bored. If weather and children cooperate, we will be headed to the farm market for fresh fruits and veggies, then to the park for a picnic lunch and to burn off some energy. Hopefully, we will make it to the library today, and on a walk to the post office, too. I also picked up a new movie for them to watch after dinner with jammies and popcorn. Let's hope that nothing happens to spoil the fun today.
Along the same note, I'm hoping to come up with some cheap activities for Leah to do every day. I would like to make a theme each week and come up with things to do around it. If you have any ideas, post a comment, please! I want her to feel like she gets to have some special experiences, too. Beth gets to go to school on the bus (a HUGE deal) and Anna seems to get all of Mommy's attention, so Leah is feeling a little left out right now. I'm hoping this will help both of us feel better about our days.


2 comments:
What about a princess tea party?
Anna is just beautiful! I have started trying to do a theme for Max each week too. This week was creation. I wrote the verse Genesis 1:1 on a big piece of paper attatched to the wall. Then we went outside on a nature hunt. I let him collect anything he thought was pretty or cool. Then we taped all the twigs, leaves, sage brush :), pine cones, etc. to the paper and talked about how God made everything. That week we read bug books and talked about the insects God made. You get the picture. I think next week I may focus on food with a verse about God's provision for us. Then he can help me make some of his favorite foods and I'll look for library books about food. Another thing you might want to look at is a book called Five in a Row. It uses childrens literature you can find at the library. You choose one book and focus on it all week. One day you may focus on the art of the book. Then say if it's a Madeline book the next day you talk about Paris. You get the idea. Anyway hope those were some helpful ideas.
Post a Comment