Since we were traveling to Omaha to spend Christmas with Beccy and her family, we celebrated Christmas with the Ault family early... WAY early, hence the "Fake Christmas". I think this year may be the earliest we've ever celebrated. We all decided that we aren't too sure that we would want to do it that early again, though I'm very happy that my family was willing to work around our schedule. So two weeks early, we all camped out at Mom and Dad's house and woke up to the traditional Ault Family Christmas, complete with Andy Williams playing, monkey bread baked and ready, open gifts that made the kids squeal and sleepy parents that were still in their matching pajamas. THIS is the Christmas I love and will give just about anything to experience it every year. It lasts all day and renews the bonds of family through the ham and cinnamon jell-o and cheesy movies on tv. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world... even if it has to be thrown together two weeks early (which I promised I wouldn't do next year!).
Beth and her new Natalie doll, her open gift
Anna LOVES her some monkey bread!
Checkin' out the loot with Aunt Mollie
Mollie and Anna
The girls in front of the Christmas tree
No comments:
Post a Comment