9.10.2009

Sick Week(s)

So the past 2 weeks have not been much fun at all around here. The viral cold that started at the beginning of August has lingered and turned into full-blown pneumonia for me, and looks to be heading that way for Anna, too. Yuck. Needless to say, I haven't been up to much.

I did manage to start the week off alright. We started the letter "M". We read If You Give A Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff, ate Muffins for breakfast and covered the letter M with Mini Marshmallows for our letter poster. We also read through quite a few other books about mice and moose and moons.



But instead of the Museum and magnets, we were talking about Mommy and medicine. Luckily, Papa came to help out for a few days. What a blessing! Our schedule barely skipped a beat thanks to his help. (Of course, my girls weren't too sad to have him around no matter if I was sick or not. :) )




Pete was able to maintain his schedule, too, which was vital for his shop. The shop manager was diagnosed with a brain tumor this week and will be out for a while. That news came right after a co-worker of Pete's broke his shoulder and will be out of work for a few months.


Beth was a HUGE help, too. She has grown up a lot lately. I'm thankful that she is learning some responsibility and can turn up the maturity when she knows I really need it.


Papa also got a chance to just hang out and snuggle his girls, too.
That alone made the trip worth it!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Cool pictures. I am glad you are on the mend.

Beccy said...

you guys are sure going to need a break at Christmas. will be praying that happens for you guys. love love love from NE!

Anonymous said...

i had to laugh when you had a picture that appears to be of pete sleeping and it says that he was able to keep to his schedule too then quickly turned the smile to a frown as i read further...