Okay, okay, I know. It's been a while since I updated (or painted my toenails). Thanks to Beccy and Abby, I've gotten the hint. If they can make a post more recently than I have, then there must be something I can post!
Highlights over the past two weeks...
- We (Leah, Anna and I) spent a great weekend in Dayton. We got to see lots of friends and family. By the end, after spending a whole week away, Leah was more than ready to go home to Daddy and all things normal. I can't say as I blamed her. I was only gone 4 days and I was anxious to get back home. Yep, Louisville is home now. I never thought that would happen this quickly.
Playing around with Aunt Katie and Michelle. Lots of laughs!
- Beth has had more green days than yellow days! That's a big improvement and we are working toward a full green week. Be praying that she can focus and follow the rules.
- Anna's 5 months old! She turned 5 months on Tuesday, the 24th. She is SO CLOSE to rolling over and to sitting up on her own. We won't see the doctor until next month, but I know she is still gaining weight and inches since she has pretty much graduated into 6-9 month clothing.
Taken by Beth. A little shocking, I guess!
- Leah is slowly sleeping better at night. We've tried to cut out naps during the day and have been working on a routine and stricter rules on behavior (no screaming, no forcing yourself to throw up, only one cup of juice at night...).
Leah' Easter dress. Thanks, Nini and Papa John!
- Pete has been working steadily and is very anxious for warmer weather. He is on-call this week, so we are very thankful for the few spring-y days we've had this week.
- I am working on improving my job skills. No I'm not going back to school, I'm working on "perfecting" the art of being a "home executive". That is my job and I want to make it work as efficiently as possible. No, I don't think of my life as a job, just the work side of it. I want to make more time in my schedule for being Mommy without feeling guilty or behind. I want to streamline the daily tasks and schedules so that I can have fun and really, truly enjoy my family. Pray for me in this area. I'm not good at this aspect of my life (at least not where I think I should be), and I'm not sure what I want the process to look like. I just know the end result.
The reason I'm working so hard!
In future plans...
- We are looking forward to a weekend away for Pete's birthday. Not sure what we will do or when that will happen, but we need it and we are working out those details.
- We are looking forward to a trip to Omaha in April. Pookie, Papa Buzz, Aunt Abby, Isaac, Hannah and Audrey will be joining us at Aunt Beccy's for the week before Easter. We can't wait to see family and get the cousins all together!
- We are still in the hunt for a house. We aren't rushing this process, and we aren't even planning on moving until the latter part of this year. However, we are currently taking steps to improve our situation and the chances of getting the house we want. We are praying fervently that we (mainly, that I) can be good stewards with our resources and that we can achieve our goals in the time frame we've allotted. Please pray with us!
While I don't do well with changes, I'm looking forward to what this year has in store. We survived the last year pretty well, so what can happen this year?! I'm clinging to Phil 4:13 right now.
1 comment:
Hi Sarah! I have a blog as well, and haven't updated in weeks! I love looking at your pictures, the girls (especially the baby) are getting sooo big!
Lori P
Post a Comment