12.14.2008

December Dailies... Week Two

It's been another hectic week in our house.  So much to do and not enough hours in the day to do it!  'Tis the season, right?  Here are a few highlights from this past week.  Happy holidays!

  
Pookie's nesting dolls are one of the girls' favorite toys.

Annual cookie baking!  Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Mint swirls, and Molasses Crinkles... Oh my!
We went to Dayton this weekend (cookies, family, and general homesickness).

Last weekend, we took the girls up to Lock 3 Park in Akron for their annual Chriskindl festivities.  They had "Magic Train" rides, arts and crafts, a carousel, ice skating, a marble history museum, and Santa.  The girls loved it!  It was a great way to get into the Christmas season, even though it was about 12 degrees with an incredible whipping wind.  Luckily, there were quite a few things to do inside so that we didn't need to stay outside for very long.


I posted this picture so you can see how well Beth is doing at writing her "big" name.  She was decorating a snowman for their bulletin board at school, and insisted on putting her full name on it.  She is doing very well academically and loves school.  Right now, she still loves to do homework!  If she is anything like her dad and I, that won't last very long!

One of the highlights of my week, was putting together a card class for a group of ladies in Kent, Ohio.  One of my dear friends hosts a get together twice a month that I've been lucky to be involved in.  This month she asked if I would show them how to make cards.  I jumped on the chance to dust off my stamps and create.  What a mood lifter!  There is just something about getting my mojo flowin' that can snap me right out of my funk.  

The closer it gets to Christmas, the busier my days seem to get.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  My house is a bit of a mess and my kids often don't get dressed until noon (nor do I), but we're happy and healthy (for the most part).  I'll be sad when it's over.

1 comment:

Beccy said...

I hear you are sending me cookies. I may hide them and keep them just for myself. It is so sad to not be able to make cookies w/ butter in them.
But not fair to Gavin to make cookies that he can't eat, either. BTW - I was a bad mommy and gave him and m&m and made him puke today. Seems like I have to alway have my guard up and try and hold things together, but look where that has gotten me!