1. Snow: Okay, so I didn't really do that one. God must have known that snowfall is one of Leah's favorite things and gave her that gift for her birthday.
2. Shopping: Namely, looking at toys in the toy section of WalMart or Target. I happened to need to go to WalMart (turkey!), so I let her peruse the toy section for a bit until Anna started to fuss. Luckily, Leah isn't at the age yet where she wants everything she sees and proceeds to throw a temper tantrum if she doesn't get it. That will come WAY too soon! She just likes to look and press the buttons and such.
3. Movie snuggles: I am totally lucky that she loves this. She picked out Wall-E from the Red Box and snuggled up with me on the couch. I don't often get my baby to sit still long enough to hug her, let alone get snuggles for two hours.
4. Circles for lunch: One of her favorite ways to eat lunch are to make everything she eats into the same shape... squares, triangles, etc. Her favorite is circles. Todays circle menu was... Hot dogs, string cheese (sliced so it looked like circles), sliced banana, and Ritz crackers. She also picked orange juice since the orange slices on the carton were circles. Do I have a smart kid or what?!
5. Christmas Music: We have been listening to Christmas music for about a month now, so Leah has learned the words to some of her favorites. She loves Point of Grace's version of Jingle Bells, Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Jingle Bell Rock. I think she likes the catchy rhythms and upbeat, jazz-style music. We sang these songs at the top of our lungs all the way home from WalMart, rocking out to the jazzy ending and the whole nine yards. I wish I could take a video sometime. She really gets into it, closing her eyes and banging her head and everything! It is totally adorable.
I love that she appreciates the little things and I am so thankful that she enjoys life. I hope that this trait sticks around. I know that I learn a lot from her point of view.
Wow, time flies.
1 comment:
I want circle food too...you definately have a creative kid on your hands! It always amazes me when I look at little kids and see things through their eyes...makes me wonder what they will be/do when they get older. My only wish for them is that they never loose that amazement and awe with life cause Im 28 and trying to hold onto it for dear life!
Post a Comment